How to connect DELL Venue 7 tablet to Windows XP PC

Mannai_Murali

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I am having a DELL Venue 7 tablet with Android OS.I want to connect to my Windows XP ,PC.
DELL does not support Windows XP.Is there any software available which I can down load.Any Web link will be appreciated.

Thanks,
V.Muralidharan
E-mail address removed for your security.

I selected as developer and enabled USB debugging,power off and on .Still it does not work.My Windows XP machine asks to install software and insert CD.DELL has not provided any CD and does not support WindowsXP when enquired.The same DELL Venue 7 works perfectly through USB and connects to PC if I use windows 7.

I am having windows XP and would like to up grade after earning something in my online teaching.

Thank you,
V.Muralidharan

Solution
I removed your e-mail address because it might have been misused by Spammers.

If connecting as webworkings advised doesn't make the tablet show up as a drive in Windows Explorer, there's a setting change you might need to make in the tablet.

Go from the Apps square to Settings then More and scroll down to About Device. Tap Build Number seven times and you'll see a message saying you're now a Developer.

Go back to the Settings>More menu and you'll now see an extra entry at the bottom of the list named Developer Options. Tap to open that and tick the "Enable USB debugging" entry.

Power off and back on then try the USB cable again.
I removed your e-mail address because it might have been misused by Spammers.

If connecting as webworkings advised doesn't make the tablet show up as a drive in Windows Explorer, there's a setting change you might need to make in the tablet.

Go from the Apps square to Settings then More and scroll down to About Device. Tap Build Number seven times and you'll see a message saying you're now a Developer.

Go back to the Settings>More menu and you'll now see an extra entry at the bottom of the list named Developer Options. Tap to open that and tick the "Enable USB debugging" entry.

Power off and back on then try the USB cable again.

Solution