How to connect Denon 1520AE hifi amp to TV to get the sound out of the speakers please.

AMO24

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hello!

I have a SAMSUNG LED TV (UE32EH4000) and I don't know how to connect it to my DENON 1520AE HiFi amp -- I tried RCA cables from the TV to "Network" and "Tuner" on the amp as my "Aux" plugs are already used.

Any ideas to get the sound from the TV to the amp to the speakers? Many thanks for your help!

Solution
Connect the headphone output to any input on the Denon except phono.
You can make sure that the headphone out is active with headphones. Check the TV manual if it need to be turned on.
Start with the level all the way down on the TV and bring it up slowly to where it matches the level of your other sources. This keeps the headphone output down so it doesn't overload the input of the amp. That would cause distortion regardless of the level of the amp. Use the Denon to control volume.
Connect the headphone output to any input on the Denon except phono.
You can make sure that the headphone out is active with headphones. Check the TV manual if it need to be turned on.
Start with the level all the way down on the TV and bring it up slowly to where it matches the level of your other sources. This keeps the headphone output down so it doesn't overload the input of the amp. That would cause distortion regardless of the level of the amp. Use the Denon to control volume.

Solution