How to connect Dish true HD stb with 5.1 channel sound system?

L P Verma

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
Hi,
I have just bought Dish true HD+ stb and I already have 5.1 channel Audio system. Now I want to connect the stb with 5.1 speaker. but the stb has only a single S/PDIF(Optical) port for 5.1 output, How can I connect. please advice.

Solution
You would use the optical output from the Dish box to the optical input on the Audio subsytem. I don't understand what the confusion is...

L P Verma

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015

Sir,

The confusion/main problem is - There is no any optical input port in audio system, Please advise if there is availability of such type cable to get optical out put from Dish HD STB and to give input (RCA) in Audio system. there is 6 RCA port only in Audio system - 1 for Subwoofer, 1 for centre speaker, 2 for left right front spkr and 2 for L-R rear spkr.

Please help me.

Rajesh_98

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

kanewolf

Judicious

You get a converter like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Audio-Digital-Decoder-Converter/dp/B00AMC2J1Y Posting to a 2 year old thread that is solved is not the best way to get an answer. I am about the only person that will see this thread.

sureshmthw

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Past 5 year I am using airtel hd box connected to home theater through optical cable, the audio was 5.1 no doubt, but the surround effect is not enough to audible, I strongly believe that audio quality was gone though the coaxial cable, which connected between the dish and the set top box,, if you want to compare the effect of audio, the same movie if you play in a dvd player you feel the difference, I am telling about just dvd not bd disc which has true hd audio, again had a doubt, just play a movie with amazon prime video or netflix , then you will get an idea about what was true Dolby digital surround sound, my conclusion that dth platform need a lot of improvement to their equipment need to use pure digital components, which never degrade the quality of audio, thank you, from a true experiencer

arasu088

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017

hi suresh, i have a doubt, are u able to hear the sound through all the 5 speakers (mainly center speaker) when u r playing movie through amazon prime ? , i can hear sound only from 4 speakers, center speaker is not responding.. even though my tv is connected to the receiver through optical cable.