How to connect my PS3 to my Mac Mini for audio

ibstar

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hi guys,

A newbie so go easy please.

I have an existing Mac Mini (latest) and purchased a new PS3 and one Samsung monitor (no speakers).

I've already got a 2.1 speaker system that is connected to the Mac Mini. I'd like to somehow connect the PS3 to the Mac Mini so the PS3 audio comes out of the same speakers but through the Mac Mini (if that makes sense).

Is this possible? There is only one input for audio in the back of a Mac Mini (3.5mm female socket) and that is already taken by the 2.1 system.

Please advise if there is a way around this or do I have to buy a separate set of speakers for the PS3?

Thanking you in advance.

BloodHK47

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Speakers would have to connect to PS3 for any sound to work, you'd probably have to get a splitter that has mother end connections. One end for the speakers which split into 2. You'd also need just a basic white / red RCA cable to connect to the splitter and then just plug the other ends to PS3. The white / red RCA cable would have to have both father ends. Also if you dont have just that 2 connector RCA cable you can use the regular 3 composite cable and not use the yellow connector.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mattsglobaltravels Audio 3
M Audio 1
opriem Audio 1
B Audio 5
K Audio 4
P Audio 2
2 Audio 3
L Audio 1
ssrn510 Audio 1
J Audio 4
H Audio 2
Chinu8763 Audio 6
roscaion Audio 1
PJGuy Audio 2
D Audio 4
M Audio 2
Q Audio 6
O Audio 1
J Audio 2
E Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Bluetooth Audio Sudden Stuttering/Poor Connection Issue
Question Connecting TV to analog audio amplifier (receiver)
Question how do i connect mixer to audio interface and head amp for recording ?
Question Subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system not working(Logitech Z623) when connected via aux
Question Connecting Acitve Studio Monitor to Home Theater Sub
Question Connecting headphones via wire to Samsung Smart Curved TV
Question Connect TV to Surround sound when TV has no audio outputs at all
Question Connecting projector to vizio 5.1 sound bar home theater
Question My G633 logtech headset won't work in pc mode (connected by usb)
Question FD3800x connection to Samsung nu6100?
Question How do i connect my logitech z623 speaker to my uhd tv?
Question Getting no audio from headphone after connecting Asus Xonar DX sound card??
Question Connecting wirelessly the projector's audio to the amplifier.
Question No audio coming from speakers connected to projector from specific files
Question Connecting soundbar and audio receiver with surround sound to tv
Question I made some impulse purchases and think i screwed up... . How to connect 5.1 capable soundbar to receiver?
Question my led tv has no digital audio out, and i want to connect it to hd audio rush 5.1 for better surround sound of my logitech z506 speaker. please help!
Is it bad if only connect one RCA input for an L/R input subwoofer ?
Solved! Audio from HDMI devices connected to TV to amplifier via TosLink Issue?
Epson projector connected to Sony Blu Ray 4k player via HDMI and HDMI audio out to Sky Devialet Soundbox but no sound

ASK THE COMMUNITY