How to connect my Sound system to my tv

George_90

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
my amplifier is a technics model SU-610
my TV is a Sony KDL40W4500
my equalizer is a Yamaha Model No.EQ-70
I also have two Celestion DL6 speakers
Please help me , there is a star wars marathon coming up and i have organised a big party

Solution

TV digital audio out -> toslink cable -> converter stereo front -> 3.5mm to RCA cable -> aux in on stereo ...

kanewolf

Judicious

TV digital audio out -> toslink cable -> converter stereo front -> 3.5mm to RCA cable -> aux in on stereo ...

Solution
Since you have a stereo integrated amp it would be simpler to use a DAC like this one
http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-%2851-compatible%29--180-999
rather than a 5.1 decoder.
Connect the optical out of the TV to the DAC with a toslink optical audio cable. The DAC connects to any input on your amp except phono with a stereo RCA cable.
The EQ connects to the Tape/Adapt input and outputs with stereo RCA cables The record out on the amp connects to the input of the EQ. The output of the EQ connects to the playback input on the amp. When you want the EQ to affect the sound press the tape monitor button on the front.

kanewolf

Judicious

Doesn't that assume his TV isn't outputting 5.1 on the toslink?

George_90

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

can you show me the order by telling me how to connect what cable where? Ex. aux-stereo etc