how to connect old home theater to PC

carlosrivera

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Hello ! I need some help connecting an old home theater Daewoo AHT1000c to my computer. I have searched on other topics but not a similar case found. The thing is, my home theater has 3 inputs (video, CD/LPD, AUX), the problem is, I need to select on the theater which channel of those I am going to use. If I connect an AUX cable to `video´ for example, I need to select this on the theater in order to listen on all 6 speakers. I can easily connect my cellphone to it and all speakers works perfectly, but when connect it to my PC, I only hear 2 of all speakers. My computer has 5.1 onboard, but as I mentined, if I connect one AUX cable to the ´green´port of my computer, only 2 speakers works, and if I connect a second AUX cable on my home theater (Video and AUX for example) to another port of my computer (orange), it doesnt sound, only the first one I connected, due I need to select the input on the home teather and it only allows me to select one. Also my home theater has Dolby and Surround options, but it does not make a change on the sound, only 2 speakers working. Is there a way to connect them all and work in my PC?

Sorry for my bad english.

KenZen2B

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Please provide the following info about your computer.
1) What model of motherboard. Need to figure out if the computer has the capability of supporting multi-channel audio (beyond stereo).
2) Does the computer have a sound card ? If yes, what is the model.