How to connect Samsung phone to TV/Surround sound system through charging cable?

sammyd18x

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
I have a Samsung smart tv, I also have a Samsung surround sound system and a Samsung S5.

What I am trying to do is connect the Samsung S5 to the surround sound system so I can play it's audio through it to listen to music, I would think that simply plugging it in with the charging cable would do it but nope.

This really confuses me because the Samsung surround sound system has an input source for an apple device, I used to use it with my Iphone but it does not have one for a Samsung device, why would it have one for it's competitor but not one for it's own brand? Where is the logic here?

Samsung to Apply? Works flawlessly.
Samsung to Samsung? No support whatsoever.

This baffles me, am I missing something here? I used to do this with my Iphone because it supported it, but now that I have a Samsung S5 I need to use this but it don't work, does anyone know how I can do this? I'm away of the screen mirroring and allshare but the problem with that is the TV/Surround sound system needs an internet connection, since none of them have built in wireless and I need a separate adapter for that I am out of luck, I don't want to spend money on something I shouldn't have to, it's just a waste.

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Can you provide the model number of the surround sound system?

sammyd18x

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

I believe it is the HT-D4600. But regardless of model it's odd that a Samsung device supports Apple and not it's own brand.