how to connect satalite receiver/sound bar/dvd player/ps3

Vicky_3

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
my receiver only has one hdmi connection, tv has two hdmi connections dvd only has coaxial connections. When I use the optical connection tv sounds great but no dvd sound
How do I get everything coming out the sound bar? I also have a ps 3 I have no idea how to connect that

Solution
Without model numbers I can't be exact.
Connect the sat receiver and PS3 to the TV with HDMI. Connect the DVD player to TV with RCA cables (either 3 RCA for component video or 1 RCA for composite video plus 2 RCA for audio.
Connect the TV optical out to the soundbar. If the TV is not sending the analog audio from the DVD to the soundbar you can try connecting it directly to the soundbar if it has an analog input (usually a stereo mini plug).
Without model numbers I can't be exact.
Connect the sat receiver and PS3 to the TV with HDMI. Connect the DVD player to TV with RCA cables (either 3 RCA for component video or 1 RCA for composite video plus 2 RCA for audio.
Connect the TV optical out to the soundbar. If the TV is not sending the analog audio from the DVD to the soundbar you can try connecting it directly to the soundbar if it has an analog input (usually a stereo mini plug).

Solution