how to connect smart TV,blue ray player& surround sound system

Dheeraj8390

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
I have one Samsung smart 3d TV.
And one philips htd 5550 home theatre system with 5.1 channel.
But it does not support 3d and bluray disc.
Also, I have one Samsung blue ray player with 1 HDMI out.
How can I connect all 3 for surround sound system.

Solution
You would connect the Samsung Blueray to the TV. Then on the TV, you would enable ARC (audio return channel) Then you would connect the phillips HT to the TV using an ARC capable cable and making sure it's on the right HDMI jack on the TV (usually one 1 jack is designed for ARC).

ARC basically allows whatever sound is being fed into the TV to be returned to a receiver or home theater. You don't mention the TV, but being a high end 3D samsung, it almost for sure supports ARC, as the phillips does.

This way too anything you watch on the TV in terms of digital cable, OTA channels, or any smart features such as netflix, youtube, etc, all that audio would be sent back to the phillips for the surround.

You would connect the Samsung Blueray to the TV. Then on the TV, you would enable ARC (audio return channel) Then you would connect the phillips HT to the TV using an ARC capable cable and making sure it's on the right HDMI jack on the TV (usually one 1 jack is designed for ARC).

ARC basically allows whatever sound is being fed into the TV to be returned to a receiver or home theater. You don't mention the TV, but being a high end 3D samsung, it almost for sure supports ARC, as the phillips does.

This way too anything you watch on the TV in terms of digital cable, OTA channels, or any smart features such as netflix, youtube, etc, all that audio would be sent back to the phillips for the surround.

Solution