Solved! How to connect speaker selector to Denon receiver

Nov 18, 2018
I ordered a Denon AVR-S640H and I plan to connect to a speaker switcher, but I don't see any information on how to do this.

Can someone provide some insight on where to connect the 4 wires (red, black, white, green) from the speaker selector to the S640H receiver?

Jobsite S6VC Six zone speaker selector
Power handling: 100 watts per channel
Frequency response: +/- 1.2 dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
Attenuation: 54dB maximum

Safely Connect Up To Six Speaker Pairs To A Single Amplifier Or Receiver
Individual Room On/off Switches
2 Step Make Before Break Volume Control Switch Design
High Power Handling Capability
Built-in Protection Circuit
Compatible With All 4 Ohm Capable Amplifiers Or Receivers

Thanks!

Solution
The left and right front speaker terminals of the receiver connect to the left and right amp inputs on the speaker selector. The wires from the speakers wires connect to the speaker outputs on the speaker selector. The local front speakers should also connect to the selector.
The receiver has to be in stereo or multichannel stereo mode otherwise the sound will be incomplete on the remote speakers. Front speakers should be set to large or you won't get any bass from the remote speakers.
If you aren't using the receiver for surround sound then the speaker set up should be large front, no center, no rears, no sub.
Nov 18, 2018
The user manual didn't provide any details on a "Zone 2" setup. I'm not sure if I could simply connect the 4 wires to the regular receiver speaker connectors... anyone know?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Right.
"Input from Amp" - Left/Right, Front/Rear from the receiver you have....then 1-6 go to speaker sets.
The Jobsite thing does nothing except route the audio out to whichever speaker set is selected.

The left and right front speaker terminals of the receiver connect to the left and right amp inputs on the speaker selector. The wires from the speakers wires connect to the speaker outputs on the speaker selector. The local front speakers should also connect to the selector.
The receiver has to be in stereo or multichannel stereo mode otherwise the sound will be incomplete on the remote speakers. Front speakers should be set to large or you won't get any bass from the remote speakers.
If you aren't using the receiver for surround sound then the speaker set up should be large front, no center, no rears, no sub.

Solution