how to connect the razer tiamat 7.1 to creative sound blaster z PCIe sound card?

Spartacus992

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
the sound card inputs are gold plated and I don't know how to connect the headphone jacks correctly to it, therefore I get a very bad sound quality, Also how to make it works as 7.1 instead of 5.1?

Solution
When connecting the Tiamat 7.1 you need to think of them like a 7.1 speaker set and not a headset. You connect them like a 7.1 setup and have to setup your software as if a 7.1 speaker setup.

Your issue is your sound card only supports up to 5.1, how you get around this I don't know. Is there anything in the Tiamat's instructions.

As for sound quality the Tiamat's need a high quality sound card. When I first got mine I was very disappointed in the sound quality but after reading reviews it became clear I needed a better soundcard. I ended up going for the ASUS Pheobus which was recommended in some reviews and this made a huge improvement. Apparently onboard and low end sound cards just don't have the power on their 7.1 outputs to...

sizzling

Distinguished
When connecting the Tiamat 7.1 you need to think of them like a 7.1 speaker set and not a headset. You connect them like a 7.1 setup and have to setup your software as if a 7.1 speaker setup.

Your issue is your sound card only supports up to 5.1, how you get around this I don't know. Is there anything in the Tiamat's instructions.

As for sound quality the Tiamat's need a high quality sound card. When I first got mine I was very disappointed in the sound quality but after reading reviews it became clear I needed a better soundcard. I ended up going for the ASUS Pheobus which was recommended in some reviews and this made a huge improvement. Apparently onboard and low end sound cards just don't have the power on their 7.1 outputs to properly drive the 10 speakers in the Tiamat's.

Solution