Solved! How to connect Yamaha receiver to powered amp with rca inputs

Sep 16, 2020
I have a Dayton 12 channel amp that I would like to connect to my Yamaha RX-V585 . My Yamaha has two subwoofer outputs. But when I try and convert it to he input of the Dayton receiver I’m not getting sound. The Dayton receiver has two rca inputs and two rca outputs

Solution
The speaker wire goes to the zone B/surround back speaker terminals. The RCA outputs connect to the Dayton amp.
You will have to configure the receiver. Check the manual on how to do that. You can only do 5.1 in the main zone since you are using the amp channels as the zone B outputs. If they had added line level zone B outputs you would not need the adapter or lost the use of two amp channels in the main zone.
If you are trying to use the Dayton to drive passive subwoofers you will need to turn the subwoofer output on in the AVR speaker set up menu.
If you want to use the Dayton to drive other speakers you will need a speaker to line level converter so you can connect it to the appropriate speaker terminal.
If the Dayton amp only has one pair of stereo inputs you can't use it to drive more than two output channels of the AVR.
To use it as a multichannel amp it would need to have an input for each channel. If it does you will need more than one speaker to line level converter.

Sep 16, 2020
If you are trying to use the Dayton to drive passive subwoofers you will need to turn the subwoofer output on in the AVR speaker set up menu.
If you want to use the Dayton to drive other speakers you will need a speaker to line level converter so you can connect it to the appropriate speaker terminal.
If the Dayton amp only has one pair of stereo inputs you can't use it to drive more than two output channels of the AVR.
To use it as a multichannel amp it would need to have an input for each channel. If it does you will need more than one speaker to line level converter.

Yes i want to use the Dayton to drive other speakers in different zones. And listen to my TV audio in one of the zones if possible. So from my research that converts speaker wire to rca Jack's?. I am assuming the speskr wire goes to one of the speaker terminals on the back of the receiver and the rca on the other side plug into input on dayton amp?

The speaker wire goes to the zone B/surround back speaker terminals. The RCA outputs connect to the Dayton amp.
You will have to configure the receiver. Check the manual on how to do that. You can only do 5.1 in the main zone since you are using the amp channels as the zone B outputs. If they had added line level zone B outputs you would not need the adapter or lost the use of two amp channels in the main zone.

Solution