How to Connecting 5.1 speakers to lepy 2 channel audio amplifier?

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Hi,

I have a pioneer home theatre system who's av receiver is totally dead and now i am figuring out how do i reuse the speakers which the system consist. So i saw the lepy mini amplifier which has 2 channel output and i want to connect my speakers to it is that possible how can i achieve this?

Pioneer htz575dv home theater system who's speakers are of 4 ohms impedance also the subwoofer.

Can you suggest me the connections how can i achieve this thing? Parallel or serial?

Solution
You can make it multichannel stereo by hooking both front and rear speakers into the same spot. IE left and surround left into the left channel. Only issue might be getting the subwoofer into a 2 channel output unless your sub will let you hook your speakers into it and then run the sub, via normal speaker wire, into the amp.

jeremyj_83

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
You can make it multichannel stereo by hooking both front and rear speakers into the same spot. IE left and surround left into the left channel. Only issue might be getting the subwoofer into a 2 channel output unless your sub will let you hook your speakers into it and then run the sub, via normal speaker wire, into the amp.

Solution
If u want to run the surround with the fronts, better hooking them up in serial, 'cuz I doubt your levy can handle 2 ohms.

Sub will work if (1)is self-powered, (2)has built-in crossover. Assuming (1) Yes, and (2) Yes, next thing is, does it have HIGH-LEVEL inputs? if so just hookup levy OUT L+R to it. No high-level inputs? then tap HERE via Y cable.

Source --(tap HERE)-->lepy-->F+R.

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Hi this is my speaker config
My sub is not a self powered and don't know of built in crossover!!!

Speakers specs:

Front/Center/Surround: 15 Watts per Channel
(200 Hz-20 kHz, 1 % THD, 4Ω)
– Subwoofer: 20 Watts (45 Hz-200 Hz, 1 % THD, 4Ω)

Lepy amp specs:

Output power: RMS 15W x 2CH, 20W x 1CH.
DC Input: 12V-14.4V/3A-5A.
Voltage: 12V-14.4V.
Input impedance: 47K.
Speaker Impedance: 2-8 Ohm

Based on this can you explain how should i connect it to 2channels???

Already did above. It was from you who asked parallel or serial, and I said serial. Here a picture, don't now what else to paint:

Left Channel: Amp(+)----(+)FL(-)-----(+)RL(-)----Amp(-).
Right Channel: Amp(+)---(+)FR(-)-----(+)RR(-)----Amp(-).

From your reply, can't use sub.

kerberos_20

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
wh\ not use some stereo to surround adapters?
31opB2DBF3L._SX466_.jpg

i use something similar for my phone

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
What if i go for the other lepy model which has 2channels and a separate subwoofer ouput??

Then how should i connect the other 5 speakers in 2 channels i.e front left,front right,sorrund left,sorround right,center ??

In the above answer you didn't mentioned about the center speakers.