how to delete opened tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

charris80

Commendable
May 25, 2016
It says that I have 16 tabs open. But I cant close them. I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime cell phone. Its under the blue and white earth internet.

Solution
I am assuming you are referring to on the browser, and assuming that browser is Chrome? The simplest way, in the Chrome Browser, to remove/delete tabs is to do one of the following.

To close each tab individually (and not close all of them)...

1. Press the "Tab Number" near the top right, or in Android 5.0 and higher (Lollipop and Marshmallow), tap on the "Square Button" in the lower right corner.
2. Then just "swipe" away each tab individually.

To close all the tabs in the browser, there are two ways to do this...

First way...

1. Tap the "three-dots" aka "Menu" from inside the browser.
2. Now choose "Settings".
3. Then choose the option "Close All Tabs".

Second way...

1. Tap the "three-dots" aka "Menu" from inside the browser...
I am assuming you are referring to on the browser, and assuming that browser is Chrome? The simplest way, in the Chrome Browser, to remove/delete tabs is to do one of the following.

To close each tab individually (and not close all of them)...

1. Press the "Tab Number" near the top right, or in Android 5.0 and higher (Lollipop and Marshmallow), tap on the "Square Button" in the lower right corner.
2. Then just "swipe" away each tab individually.

To close all the tabs in the browser, there are two ways to do this...

First way...

2. Now choose "Settings".
3. Then choose the option "Close All Tabs".

Second way...

2. Then choose the option "Close All Tabs".

NOTE: The "Close all tabs" option in previous versions of Android is missing in Android 5.0 and higher (Lollipop and Marshmallow).

Solution

delionita

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
I know what the first reader is referring to. I have the same problem. No, she's not talking about chrome but about the other browser that has, as she indicates, a blue earth as an icon. It tells me that I have 16 open tabs and to close them by tapping the tabs icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen but that's not possible. Anybody knows how to do it? Thanks.

Well if it is the Samsung internet browser then you should be able to clear data and then clear cache. If you can't locate where to do it within the browser (some do hide it) you can always go into "Settings".. "Apps"... "All Apps" and locate that browser. Tap it to open and then tap Clear Data and Clear Cache (it may clear cache when you hit clear data). Reboot the phone and it should be good.

NOTE: If you have pages saved to auto log you in, you will probably lose that information, so be sure you know your log ins and passwords.

Wcamille1

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016

You must go to settings , look for the tab easy mode and switch itbto standard modem once you reopen the internet you will see the tabs option next to bookmark. You click on that and you are able to see all tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.