How to disable internal/ps2 keyboard and use usb keyboard instead

tg3120

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Guys...i really need your professional advice regarding my problem which just happened this morning...

I have a laptop Asus a43sv, which is a normal laptop and i only use it for work..but, the ps2 or internal keyboard starts to type by itself and it really disturb me..im pretty sure the keyboard has broken and i want to ask you guys how can I disable the ps2 or internal keyboard and just using a new usb keyboard instead... i understand that i can just plug in the usb keyboard and use it, but the defective keyboard really annoys me because it keeps pressing by itself...i already rejects the idea of replacing the ps2 keyboard with a new one because of the cost and i dont really need to do it if i can just use a cheap external usb keyboard instead.

so..

1) can i just disconnect the ps2 keyboard cable that is attached under the internal keyboard( if i remove the keyboard, the cable is under the keyboard technically)..if i do so, can the bios detect my new usb keyboard..

2) will disconnecting the ps2 keyboard cable harm my motherboard because Im wondering if there is any current/electricity or something that will harm it...

thank you and i hope someone can answer me and sorry for bad English...(English is not my first language)

tg3120

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016

Thank you for the reply!

so can i press the esc key(to choose boot order) or f2(bios menu) at the bios logo by using the usb keyboard?...i mean, will the laptop detect my external usb keyboard before the windows booting up?

if it can, i think this is a good solution...

tg3120

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016

Thank you for the reply!

so can i press the esc key(to choose boot order) or f2(bios menu) at the bios logo by using the usb keyboard?...i mean, will the laptop detect my external usb keyboard before the windows booting up?

if it can, i think this is a good solution...

tg3120

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016

well thank you for your time!

i think i don't need to spend my money on the keyboard, but just using the usb keyboard instead...