How to display pictures in a slideshow?

Perene

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Is there a software that can display, for example, image A and after X seconds or minutes image B, then C, D, etc.?

Just like PowerPoint does, but you can set the time each image will appear in your fullscreen?

Perene

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
cilliers: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits

IrfanView and XNView are doing what I want, but you cannot set a time for each image. It is for all of them.

Is there a way to do that for individual images? If the answer is no them I still have not found what I am looking for.

Perene

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I checked both IrfanView and XNView right now and they cannot let you set a time for each IMAGE. The period is valid for all of them. Say 30 seconds for slide advancement.

Look:
http://i.imgur.com/ndpx9Vp.png

Edit: Sorry guys, PowerPoint can already do EXACTLY what I want. It's possible to configure how many seconds each slide will be displayed. I didn't notice, someone pointed that for me.

Thank you all.

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Right click on the first picture in the folder that you want to use in the slideshow. Select Open with -> Windows Photo Viewer. As soon as the photo viewer opens, click on the blue dot with the square inside of it to start the full screen slideshow. Once the slideshow has gone full screen, right click to control speed controls. Medium speed is 5 seconds per slide and slow speed is 10 seconds per slide. You can also set it to loop or shuffle via the right click option while within the slideshow. Unfortunately this built-in windows photo viewer can only do 10 seconds max... If you want to set the time for each image independently, you are most probably limited to using Powerpoint to set up each interval separately.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You can't set a different time for each image. That sets a similar time for all images. Every x seconds, change to the next one. Either selected randomly in that folder, or automatic, sorted by date/file name/whatever.

I do not know of any software that would let you set 6 seconds for image A, 10 seconds for image B, 3 seconds for image C, etc....