How to do a system restore on toshiba laptop Satellite A665D

BakerL

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hello,
How do I fix a toshiba laptop when it was working fine yesterday and it won't open windows. It said there must have been a problem with software or hardware that was just installed and nothing was installed. I thought about trying to do a system restore back a couple of days before this happened but it won't let me open windows

kicko27

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

hi,
Before a give you this step, be sure that all those important files in your laptop is back uped. because it will delete all important files stored in the laptop, ok? And also remove all the peripherals connected to it. Now Turn off your laptop. After turning it off be sure that the AC adapter is plugged into a live wall outlet and the other end goes into the laptop. Then press nad hold "0" (zero key) and press the power button to turn the laptop on. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten. Click Yes to continue. When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs. Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary. Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times. And thats it. Im Looking forward to the result of this step that i gave you. Enjoy your FIXED laptop in the Future. :)
-Francis

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

this is why i love the www, entertainment !!!