how to fix a Dell laptop screen that is black but running

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcalles

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
my laptop will boot up, I can hear it running but the screen is black. I've tried control + Alt+ del but nothing comes up, there is a #9 in a lock on the top of keyboard lights but i dont know what that is.

ljcalles

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

There is nothing on the screen at all, but you can hear it loading, and it beeps
Also, where is the battery located so i can take it out to check it also?

You can look up the battery location online based on your model. You did not put anything in the post other than "Dell laptop screen" with no other details.

ljcalles

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

sorry, I am at work and the laptop is at home, so i can not tell you the model right now. thank you

Oct 2, 2018

I’m having a similar issue, however when I restarted the dell logo displayed on the screen as usual. It went black once it was trying to load windows...

if oyu have a pc monitor plug the laptop into it and use the funtion keys to turn on the ext video port. if it does whe nit in windows go back to the onboard lcd screen if it black use a flash light. if you can see windows image it a backlight issue. if the unit under warranty send it in to be repaired. for the other person that posted when your in windows download ddu remover then boot into safe mode and remove your video drivers and then your anti virus see if there somthing damaged at start up that causing your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.