How to fix a frozen Samsung Galaxy Tab E ASAP

Stela_Matavsek

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
So this morning i put my tablet to my charger(tablet was turned off btw) and when it was 16% i unplugged it and i turned it on. And it has done his procedure of turning on(you know what i am talking about(the music, the logo on the screen...) and at the final stage of turning on it just froze...And it has been like that all day long(the screen is black and there is a Samsung logo on it rn) i tried holding the power button and volume down and it just restarts and does that procedure and again it freezes again on that same damn logo and black screen (i hope that makes sense) Please help ASAP.And I am sorry if some of these things don't make sense i tried my best to explain it (my English is not my mother tongue/language and i have no clue about technology soo yeah... -_- :/ )

Solution
If you are still under warranty, you need to contact your provider or the manufacturer to get them to fix or replace it. As doing many things on your own can void said warranty.

That said, if the device is not under warranty, I would first try letting it drain completely. It shouldn't take much if it is at 16%. Once it actually turns totally off, leave it that way for a good ten minutes. Then plug it in. Let it charge up to about 10-20%. Do not turn it on yet. First you are going to try starting it in "Safe Mode" to see if it works.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

If you are still under warranty, you need to contact your provider or the manufacturer to get them to fix or replace it. As doing many things on your own can void said warranty.

That said, if the device is not under warranty, I would first try letting it drain completely. It shouldn't take much if it is at 16%. Once it actually turns totally off, leave it that way for a good ten minutes. Then plug it in. Let it charge up to about 10-20%. Do not turn it on yet. First you are going to try starting it in "Safe Mode" to see if it works.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

If it starts for you completely in "Safe Mode" then there is something on the device that is causing your havoc. I would suggest removing anything newly added/installed and/or recently updated. Then restart the device out of "Safe Mode" and see if it will launch. If it does, you are good. If not, then you may wish to run through "Safe Mode" again to see if there is anything else still causing the issue. If after doing that (until all junk is removed) still causes you problems, then the next step would be to try a "Factory Reset".

This will not do a "Hard Reset" which is the one you were trying before, that wipes all your data off the device. Always save that option for a last resort. A "Factory Reset" doesn't remove all your data, but will/can remove some. To do a "Factory Reset" make sure the device is turned on, then you should find a small pinhole on the device. It may be hidden by or in where cords, cards, sims, etc to into the device. Using something small, but not sharp (don't want to damage it) depress the reset and that should allow it to restart.

Solution