Question How to fix accidental switching to a driver not supported in my pc and not being able to see anything

Jul 5, 2019
So i was trying to install display driver updates but i accidentally installed another driver which is not supported in my pc and now my pc screen is showing in bits and i cant disable or uninstall that driver and activate the original one please help!

Aug 22, 2019
1) (Only if you can't login or press f8) Keep force shutting down your device untill the repair screen comes up. Go to Troubleshoot - advanced options - Startup settings - select Restart - choose option 4)Safe mode. Once your pc starts up again, login and press the windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Once on device manager, select display adapters - right click the current one and select "Update driver" - "Browse my computer for driver software" - "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" - and double click on the driver of your choice. It works for me, as for I accidentally switched the driver to some unusable one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EDMUND EGILIP Laptop General Discussion 3
C Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 4
A Laptop General Discussion 11
T Laptop General Discussion 2
V Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 10
saidrafly Laptop General Discussion 0
NathanV. Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 2