Question how to Fix Dell Inspiron15"3000 Series that does not want to charge and Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

thobela

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
My dell inspiron 15 "3000" laptop doesn't want to display then i did take out the battery then also disconect the charger and press start for 58seconds the i plug them back again but still it doesn't want to display.

The worse part is that now it doesn't want even to turn on and i did change the charger but still it doesn't want to turn on at all now.

thobela

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Do you use the correct charger for this laptop? Same voltage and wattage and polarity of the jack?

Yes i did use the correct charger and the charger was working and it still new. Then so suddenly the charger stop charging and the problem i experience before it was not displaying and now it also not charging and if i use the same charger on the other Dell Inspiron 15 "3000" laptop it does work (charging).

Feb 25, 2020
If the power light turn on the first thing to check is your RAM. Open the ram slot and clean the edges. Then try again. If that doesn't work then you have serious problem and need a repair guy.

Reactions: thomas9090
1) Power off your laptop. 2) Unplug the AC adapter and the battery from your laptop. 3) Press and hold the power button on your laptop for 20 seconds to release the residual power in your laptop. 4) Re-connect the battery and the AC adapter to your laptop.

This procedure was explained as done in the first post. "then i did take out the battery then also disconect the charger and press start for 58seconds the i plug them back again but still it doesn't want to display." Make sure to at least read the post and replies before adding to it.

Reactions: 717Jeremy17

thobela

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Thanks i will open the ram slot and clean the edges and then i will update you guys

Hi i did open he back of my laptop then i clean Both DDR 3L Ram slots and then put back the rams but still it doesn't want to turn on even if i only connect the battery or the charger alone still same results, it doesn't turn on.

Hi Guys yesterday 26 Feb 2020 i did disconnect all the peripherals in my laptop i.e. Hard drive, disk drive, USB etc then my laptop did turn on and now i can see it's working the the only problem is the display.

And as i said before that i did clean Ram slots then i take out the charge and battery then i press power button 20 - 58 seconds but stills it doesn't want to display even in external screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.