How to format and reinstall & How much would I be able to make for selling 4-5 yro Samsung laptop?

adonisthegreat1

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I am thinking about selling my used laptop and getting a small netbook. But my laptop is about 4 to 5 years, and the OS is not in English. It's Samsung laptop, and if I format it, for how much would I be able to sell it? There is no defect; I just need quick cash. And I actually don't know how to format and reinstall OS (I don't have the reinstalling CD). How much would it cost to do this? Or is it something I can learn right now and do it? I'm using Window 7, by the way.

lightsong

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
You will most likely need the original CD of windows 7 or at the very least the Serial Key. And in order to get a price... you should try putting what laptop you actually have in your post

adonisthegreat1

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Yeah, I'm at library so I don't have the model number right now, but I will do so tomorrow. Is there any way I can do without original CD? My brother bought it like 5 years ago in Asia, so I don't have the CD. I don't even know if he actually got the CD. I read many sellers don't give the original CD; I don't know why, but that's what I read. I don't think I will be able to request a replacement disc either, because I don't have "the proof" that I bought it. I mean seriously, this laptop crossed the pacific ocean after my brother used for 3 years.. I have no clue where it is.