How to get Android phone out of safe mode? I have a Sony Xperia

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I have a Sony Xperia M. For some reason it got put into safe mode. I've tried switching it off and on again and holding in the volume up key like it suggests on the internet. I've tried removing the battery and the SIM card and restarting the phone. Still can't get it out of safe mode. For some reason the volume down button doesn't seem to work when the phone is actually on and in safe mode. Not sure if this has to do with anything. Surely there must be another way of getting the phone out of safe mode?

Solution

Yep that worked but I pushed up on volume instead of down

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010

Doesn't work. Phone still starts up in safe mode.

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
This is weird. But, many Xperia Z users had that problem as well..
I would suggest you to contact Xperia Care Team.
Or try a reset if you don't mind losing your contacts and messages

navman83

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

Yes you are absolutely Right.hats off

kvvk123

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014

I have tried so many time but not get out of safe mode..

John Zeliang

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
Gordon 81, I have the same problem as yours, I have tried all the guides provided in Internet but it doesn't help! Even the Sony care are unable to help! They try resetting all my files but it fails me. Btw how do you resolve the problem?

utkarsh pandey

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Even i have the same problem.The thing is , how much ever you try, the fone (Xperia M) is stuck in safe mode, even when switched off or even after the software updates..... and this problem is related to volume button also, the down doesn't work, and somtimes fone automatically goes off to 0 volume level, from the already set volume, in between running aaps or anything........... so guys what is the solution (now plz dont tellme again the same thing) , (switch off and on) dat doesnt work.... please anyone !!!!! and most of the xperia users are facing the same problem..... please guys, come up with a genuine solution, i and all the users having this problem will be glad.... m looking forward to it.... please help!!!!!

Phoenix Montana

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

Yep that worked but I pushed up on volume instead of down

Solution

zeeali09

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
I had the same problem a few days back. Just do whatever a person above said. Hold down the power and down-volume button simultaneously until your phone restarts. Worked for me .

kayenekisses

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
did anyone ever figure this out ? my samsung galaxy zte is doing the same thing. tried factory resetting it and turning it on while holding the volume button but nothing works. my lower volume button isn't working either. someone please help.

Juliaw

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015

i came to the conclusion that since the volume button is not working than that is why it's on safe mode because mine did it since my volume button stopped working