how to get headset and mic working while using hdmi from pc graphics card

dannyd1313

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
I have a hp7800 converible mini tower with saphire 5670 graphics card with hdmi output to my tv. But when i plug my headset into the front of my pc both mic and headphone it doesnt work does anyone know how to fix it please??

Thank you

Solution
Sounds like the default device needs selecting. - I don't have HDMI myself, so I'm just guessing.

You can find the settings for it in Control Panel -> Sound, then select the headset as the default playback device.
Same kind of process for the microphone, just select the Recording tab and select your headsets microphone as your default device.

The side effect of this would be your HDMI will no longer carry audio to your TV.

Rapidfire01

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
Sounds like the default device needs selecting. - I don't have HDMI myself, so I'm just guessing.

You can find the settings for it in Control Panel -> Sound, then select the headset as the default playback device.
Same kind of process for the microphone, just select the Recording tab and select your headsets microphone as your default device.

The side effect of this would be your HDMI will no longer carry audio to your TV.

Solution