Solved! how to get message and phone call notices

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
tracfone made me get a new phone last month and they gave me a choice so i picked the galaxy a21, i'm used to lg phones so now i have time with the setting as the terminology is a bit different.

i do not make many calls or texts so today i had to make some calls and texts at the bank and i waited for half hour for a reply and i never seen or heard it so then i called. but all the texts did not make any sounds.

so i tried at home with the wife texting and nothing. so i go to settings and under the large notifications i have status bar and do not disturb. i go to do not disturb and at the bottom the do not disturb i tap it to open that page and the do not disturb is to the left and dark. so i go to the calls, messages,and conversations just under the exceptions tab and i have none under calls messages and conversations checked so do i have to change that?

i tried selecting the contacts and calls and still i get no sound. i went into ring tones and checked default. under the hide notifications, i have hide, full-screen notifications and don't show pop-up notifications turned on.

so can anyone guide me thru getting the ringtones turned on. i tried with the speaker on and off and vibrate and still nothing. thanks for any help on this one.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok got it figured out. it turns out i had the messaging app blocked go figure. i block all the apps to save battery and on the lg i still got ring tones. go figure. anyway i got it now thanks anyway

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks, i just have to get use to this one i have had lg phones for years and they all seemed real close in termanology. it may be the OS being 13 they did some changes there also. but now i get the tones for calls and messages. thanks