How to get my cursor to come back on

May 24, 2018
When I turned the computer off the cursor was working. The next day it was missing and I cannot get it back

Solution
Try rebooting (powering off and back on) the laptop and see if the cursor returns. If it doesn't, then you may need to try an external mouse. Turn off the laptop and connect the mouse, then turn the laptop on. If you can see the cursor now, and use it, then the devices attached touchpad may be turned off or damaged.

Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might want to check for updates...
Try rebooting (powering off and back on) the laptop and see if the cursor returns. If it doesn't, then you may need to try an external mouse. Turn off the laptop and connect the mouse, then turn the laptop on. If you can see the cursor now, and use it, then the devices attached touchpad may be turned off or damaged.

Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics drivers.

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS