How to get Smart TV to show DTV channels

Lordbugzy

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Hi, i have a smart tv, which i installed and after autotuning it, gave some satellite tv stations as DTV. Although the channels did not show pictures or audio then, a few weeks later i got pictures on almost all those channels for a few hours. Since then, i can see the names of the channels, but no picture. I have checked for support in forums online and i have read that i need an antenna. My question therefore is, can i use a satellite dish as an external antenna without having to use a decoder, is there a type of converter i need, or what do i do to get picture, bearing in mind that the TV has shown pictures for these channels before.

popatim

Splendid
If by DTV you mean over the air channels then yes you need an antenna. Satellite operates at an entirely different frequency spectrum.

First you need to know if you need UHF, VHF or both so you can determine which antenna best suits your needs.
I used tvfool.com to aide me in selecting and aiming my antennas

popatim

Splendid
If by DTV you mean over the air channels then yes you need an antenna. Satellite operates at an entirely different frequency spectrum.

First you need to know if you need UHF, VHF or both so you can determine which antenna best suits your needs.
I used tvfool.com to aide me in selecting and aiming my antennas

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 3