How to get sound from sony LED TV to 5.1 philips HTS Surround system using dvd player?

Vamshinag

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
Hi All,

I want to listen my audio through philips HTS with 5.1 sound whatever i play on my sony TV.

I have the below equipment.
TV Model number : Sony BRAVIA KLV-32R422B
DVD Player : Philips dvp3126 supports only RCA cables. ( No HDMI cable, usb)
HTS System: Philips dsp 2200 which has only RCA input.

I tried connecting RCA from TV to dvd player and connected all the speaker cables( 6 RCA inputs) from dvd player to speakers. But sound is not coming from HTS.

Please let me know if i am trying something wrong or if any more details are required.

Thanks,
Vamshi

Solution
It seems that your TV does have an audio output jack. It is either a mini plug/headphone jack or two RCA jacks. This will connect to your HTS. Connect the DVD to a TV input and you are done.
Bit confused as to how you are trying to do this. The DVD connections should be outputs, the TV would be inputs. So the sound and picture go from the DVD player to the TV. Not the other way around. The sound is not coming from the TV but from the DVD player. Did you check to see if there is an output option on the DVD player that needs to be switched. Did you make sure the input on the Philips unit is set to the right thing?