How to increase the amount of items you can carry in Pokemon Go

Have you ever stopped off at a pokestop and went to spin the logo, only to be told your bag is currently full and you can't collect any more items? I know I have, way more than I'd like. You can go ahead and discard items to make room for more if you are so inclined, but there is also an option to raise your max item count.

Step1)Get 200 pokecoins.
These coins can either be outright purchased in the inn app store, or you can defend gyms to collect a reward of 10 coins per gym you help defend, but you can only collect the reward once per 21 hours. If when you collect the reward you have a pokemon defending three gyms, you'll get 30 coins, but if you defend a fourth gym you can't collect your reward right away, you'll still have to wait the 21 hours.

dJQXCob.png

Step 2)Access the in app store.
Tap on the pokeball at the bottom of your screen to access the menu, and then tap on the shop option located here to go into the store and find the bag upgrade, sold for 200 coins.

ivQhJ9U.png

Step 3)Purchase the upgrade.
Once you have purchased this item it will start work immediately without any further input from you. You can purchase additional upgrades to keep increasing your limit, up to 1000 if you want. Each upgrade will increase your limit by 50, and you will start out with a limit of 350, so if you spend 2600 pokecoins on these upgrades you will reach your limit of storage space for items. Keep in mind that incubators you own also count as an item, so if you stock up on these then that's going to limit your item carrying ability.

tksIgFF.png

Looking for more guides on Pokemon Go? Check out our guide on how to evolve an eevee, or 15 tips for playing Pokemon Go, or how about our guide on quickly leveling up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.