How to install a motherboard hp laptop ZE5300

illi

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Go to hp.com
Click SUPPORT & DRIVERS (top right, next to the search box)
Click the Product Support & Troubleshooting tab
Search for ZE5300
Choose your model
This should get you to the product page. Click on Manuals
Download the service manual. It has detailed instructions on how to remove everything.

tobensg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Hi, its not something that you would want to do. Normally a HP qualified engineer would do this sort of work. You could check out the HP support pages for a guide, I know Dell provide breakdown guides for such a thing, maybe HP do too.

illi

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I've built lots of desktops. I've only taken apart one laptop, and it was fairly painless. Follow the directions, mark all of the screws as you pull them out so you know where they go when you put them back. Be gentle any time the directions tell you to pry, pull, reach under and remove, etc. etc.

frozenlead

Distinguished

That is nowhere near true. Disassembling notebooks isn't that difficult.

I have actually repaired a few ZE5300 machines in my lifetime, and it wasn't terribly difficult at all. The sticky at the top of this forum should help you a lot (I wrote it). If you need help on that specific machine, OP, I can certainly help - like I said, I've handled that machine a few times. There isn't anything difficult about that one, really, aside from the fact that it has a lot of screws compared to other notebooks of that era. If you need help, consult the sticky or PM me with questions.