How to install apps (games) to Android phone's external memory?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Srishti93

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I recently bought a Sony xperia SP (Android 4.1.2), so far all the games I have installed are in internal memory and now I don't have too much space left in internal memory. Can I install games in my external memory card WITHOUT ROOTING ?

jc888832

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017

Sorry, This is not the question. Problem from doing this is that it will revert back to internal memory whenever an app gets auto upgrade and you will have to move it again. The best way is to set the default intallation to external card initially which one one has figure out to do. So far all the suggestions do not work.

Mar 27, 2018
Sorry, This is not the question. Problem from doing this is that it will revert back to internal memory whenever an app gets auto upgrade and you will have to move it again. The best way is to set the default intallation to external card initially which one one has figure out to do. So far all the suggestions do not work.
This only works with Android 6.0 and later

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS