how to know if iam hacked ?

Mazen Atef

Estimable
May 26, 2015

Pc , Windows 7 sp1 2016 updates and i dont have any credit card or personal info on my pc just files

kanewolf

Judicious
If you are worried enough about a professional hacker, then you should have serious firewall hardware which will record all traffic.

Do you practice good computer security? Passwords greater than 8 characters with upper, lower, number and special chars? Do you change your passwords every 90 days? Do you reuse passwords anywhere?

If the standard AV / malware scanners show nothing then you probably haven't been hacked. But if you are concerned, use DBAN to wipe the disk and start over.

Mazen Atef

Estimable
May 26, 2015

sadly i cant just wipe it bec it has my desgins i thought about deleting them and start over but its my entire career :/
if there is any option to save these designs ? iam not worrying about other files and if i can save them then how i do the hard format ? and prevent recovery of my file ?

kanewolf

Judicious
You should have ALREADY had several backups of your designs if they are critical to you.

If you are concerned about industrial spying, then you should do what map makers have done forever. Put an identifiable "error" in your work. Map makers would show an island in a lake where there wasn't one. Something like that. You then have a fingerprint to identify that it is yours.

Mazen Atef

Estimable
May 26, 2015

spywares and hackers can penetrate Psd files and illustrator files and also png , jpeg ?

kanewolf

Judicious
I have no idea. But, if you are "hacked" then the assumption should be that an outside entity can do ANYTHING you can do on a computer. Obviously passwords would still have to be cracked, but if they have access, then they can copy the files off your computer and work on breaking the passwords at their leisure. This goes back to my questions about practicing good computer security habits.

Mazen Atef

Estimable
May 26, 2015

mmmmm may be i choose to format but some people say that hard format is better , whats the different ?

Mazen Atef

Estimable
May 26, 2015

so Format is now my only option

Epicness937

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

try adding a password that is long and annoying in your motherboard bios
and also have you been hacked i for one know that no one in my family has ever had there pc hacked before and i never knew anyone who had there pc hacked for the 14 years i have been alive

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016

The only places I know that have been hacked that weren't friends screwing with each other were businesses that should have firewalls because they deal with lots of people's personal information (law offices, hospitals, ect). Most of the time, it's just malware taking information. Use a decent malware scanner and a decent anti-virus and if you think you're large enough to have someone target you for hacking, either get a firewall or disconnect that computer from the internet and that will fix everything