How to learn Visual Studio C++ code, earlier used Turbo C++

arpitsri

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I have a basic to moderate knowledge of C/C++ Programming but in our school/college it is taught in Turbo C++ which I see has a code a bit different when compared with modern IDEs.

So I want to make transition from Turbo C++ to Visual Studio but can't find any specific answer on internet. Any suggestions would be really appreciated about what is different in Visual like the declaration of header files doesn't require .h and so on.

Solution
If your TurboC experience was with console applications, you should transition quite easy into Visual Studio' C++ Console Applications.

But - If you've used any TurboC library for graphics or windowing - you are up for a steep learning curve into Windows programming, and I would not use VS C++ for that.
If your TurboC experience was with console applications, you should transition quite easy into Visual Studio' C++ Console Applications.

But - If you've used any TurboC library for graphics or windowing - you are up for a steep learning curve into Windows programming, and I would not use VS C++ for that.

Solution

arpitsri

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

Well it was at first kinda hard finding useful videos on Youtube but I see I can write programs now pretty easily in Visual Studio. Only difference I see is that we write header files without .h -> iostream not iostream.h and there is a keyword using namespace std; without which programs shows most of the time errors ( haven't studied its use yet )... and some new things like bool data type... while clrscr(); and getch(); no longer works etc.

I'm doing pretty well with Visual Studio now :)