What is the best daily routine to learn C#?

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
besides that i want to know:
-what is a good book for a beginner
-the time it will take me

i also have some more questions:
-what kind of programs can i make in c#?
-can i make remote controlled stuff in c#?

i thought about this: downloading a max 140 lines of code program and messing with different stuff to see how it will affect it. is that a good plan?

i have already started learning the basics of c# and made the most basic program, it's really fun.

EDIT: there seems to be a problem when it comes to picking the solution, but USAFRet's answer, invaliderror's answer and androbourne's answer helped me the most(so far, we'll see in 3 months if i managed to learn anything)

Solution
You can make almost anything using any programming language, though some languages are better suited or better supported for some applications than others. For the client side of remote-controlled stuff, most hobby developers would go with something like Arduino and the Arduino SDK itself is basically a wrapper environment for C++ which hides heaps of boilerplate stuff.

On the host/server/PC side of things, C# is as common and viable an option as nearly anything else and one of the more idiot-resistant modern languages. (C# won't allow you to make many simple mistakes that C/C++ would happily let you hang yourself with if you don't know exactly what you are doing.)

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
I would start with tutorial videos on youtube, there are plenty. Then go to a book store and get a few books on it. At least one book in terms of 101 training or "for dummies" if you like that format better.

In college we started small by making a module then built onto it then compile, test and fix issues as you go then add more modules to it etc...

You can make tons of stuff with c++ but it really depends on the exact type of programs you want to make.

USAFRet

Illustrious
1. Online resources, mostly.
2. Some people, the time is "forever".

3. Anything
4. Yes.

Design is often the hardest part. What do you wish to make?
Visualize something. Even something very, very simple, that has already been done 1,000 times.
Make a new simple 4 function calculator, for instance.

Don't start out thinking you're going to make the next Twitter in a couple of weeks. Start small. Learn the structure.
Get something, anything, to actually compile with zero errors.

InvalidError

Distinguished
You can make almost anything using any programming language, though some languages are better suited or better supported for some applications than others. For the client side of remote-controlled stuff, most hobby developers would go with something like Arduino and the Arduino SDK itself is basically a wrapper environment for C++ which hides heaps of boilerplate stuff.

On the host/server/PC side of things, C# is as common and viable an option as nearly anything else and one of the more idiot-resistant modern languages. (C# won't allow you to make many simple mistakes that C/C++ would happily let you hang yourself with if you don't know exactly what you are doing.)

Solution
@Timotei,

I would take the contrary approach - get to your library, or bookstore, and get a real. physical book on C#. The version they mention does not matter. This will teach you language basics, and probably some basics of programming. Visual Studio Community Edition is free IDE, and IMHO is the best tool to use for C#.

As for apps - get a Raspberry 3, get couple of LEDs and buttons, put Windows 10IoT on it, and have some fun.