How to modify html code of websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
There is a website that I visit frequently that has a design that doesn't sit too well with my webbrowser (FF5) and screen configuration.

The problem is that the html file that defines the frameset of the web page has a header that is too high and the header frame is set to "noresize". The modification persay is a no-brainer but it is directly on the html and not on some separate CSS file.

So my question is: How do I make FF modify the html by reducing the number of rows on the header frame and make it resizable before the page is displayed on the browser?

The question is not about what modifications I should make but how can I make Firefox apply them.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to write a script that changes this attribute but it isn't that easy. Javascript objectifies different parts of a webpage according to the DOM model and I found a function called

document.body.innerHTML.replace(<string&args>, 'replacementstring')

the problem is that the /frameset tag has no elementID (at least not what I can see) and it seems that you cannot invoke these functions on parts of the html that has no elementID associated with them. I tried find elements using a DOM inspector and tried other things than 'body' without luck.

But I found out that you can configure firefox to force the resizability upon noresize frames in the "about:config" page. You just set the boolean variable 'layout.frames.force_resizability' to 'true' and then you can resize them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.