Solved! How to prevent a program from loading a driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2018
Hi !

I downloaded a program from a dodgy website -I could only find it there-
I ran it in a sandbox which gave me an error message when the program tried to load a driver (sentinel64). The sandbox did not enable that and the program worked fine anyway.

Now I would like to install it on my computer but I want to prevent it from loading that particular driver during the installation or after that. How do I do that?

Thanks a million !
Arnald

Solution
1. Why are you installing things from dodgy websites?
2. What does this magical thing do, that you can't find elsewhere?
3. Presumably it needs this 'driver' to perform whatever function it is supposed to do. Turn that off, and it likely won't work.

USAFRet

Illustrious
1. Why are you installing things from dodgy websites?
2. What does this magical thing do, that you can't find elsewhere?
3. Presumably it needs this 'driver' to perform whatever function it is supposed to do. Turn that off, and it likely won't work.

Solution
Oct 31, 2018
Why so scornful, moderator?
This is a CAD software. The program's editor was bought by a larger group which terminated the software shortly after and alternatives are too expensive for me.
As I said, the driver does not seem necessary since it worked just fine without in the sandbox.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Why 'scornful'?
Because there is rarely some application that is so useful, and so unique, that an alternative does not exist.
Often free or very cheap.

Downloading what is or used to be an expensive package from "a dodgy website" is either pirated, riddled with malware, or both.

Oct 31, 2018
OK good job I learnt my lesson.

The initial question was :
How to prevent a software from loading a driver during the installation or after that?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.