How to protect laptop from corrosion

naman73

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
I spilled some(very less) water on my laptop than I turnoff the laptop and took it to a shop n he told me that water didn't go into mother board n everything is fine still I kept the laptop turnoff for a week laptop is working fine but someone told me that if the water is in motherboard or any other part it will start rusting n laptop will stop working so is there any way to stop laptop from rusting.thank you in advance

InvalidError

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
The right thing to do would have been to remove power, remove the battery and take it apart to clean up any traces of the spill. If water/whatever got inside the screen though, those can be very difficult to take apart and without opening it to help the liquid evaporate, it can take a long time to dry out. There isn't much to do with it there other than leave it in a warm, dry place with some ventilation for a while.

naman73

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

naman73

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
What if that guy didn't check the laptop properly and water made its way to motherboard water was very less around 50ml n majorly was spilled on display

InvalidError

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
The right thing to do would have been to remove power, remove the battery and take it apart to clean up any traces of the spill. If water/whatever got inside the screen though, those can be very difficult to take apart and without opening it to help the liquid evaporate, it can take a long time to dry out. There isn't much to do with it there other than leave it in a warm, dry place with some ventilation for a while.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop General Discussion 3
D Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 1
O Laptop General Discussion 5
M Laptop General Discussion 1