How to put on the input for a vizio tv with a universal remote

dregray79

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
I have RCA universal remote and it works perfectly with my vizio tv but the input button doesn’t work and I have to physically press the input button on the side, is it the remote??? Or is there a way to put on the input button

Cheaper remotes often don't have all the functions of the original remote. You can't add codes or functions that are not already preloaded into the remote when it's made.
A more sophisticated remote like the Logitech Harmony is programmed with their app so all the codes will be there.

Cheaper remotes often don't have all the functions of the original remote. You can't add codes or functions that are not already preloaded into the remote when it's made.
A more sophisticated remote like the Logitech Harmony is programmed with their app so all the codes will be there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jnojr Streaming Video & TVs 1
blue_duck Streaming Video & TVs 6
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
alphacoyle Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 6
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 7
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
N Streaming Video & TVs 5
R Streaming Video & TVs 100
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Question Special HDMI cable or input for Fire to control TV?
Question My projector only shows green when an HDMI output is connected to the projector's VGA input
Question How do I get surround sound to work with a Fire Cube when the receiver has no HDMI inputs
Solved! Would I get better audio quality running my htpc thru a hdmi to hdmi+optical output vs the 3.5mm jack to av rca inputs on receiver like I'm doing now?
Question Converting HDMI Output to Optical DVD input
Question Amazon fire stick 4k input change
Input Vizio with the tablet
Vizio Smart TV does not have the coaxial input?
Watching youtube on my Vizio. Kept stopping to " loading ". I pressed the input button on the TV repeating every few minutes.
my vizio is pretty old and the input button recently stopped working and the remote isn’t working... what could i do ?
Input only button working on Vizio remote
My vizio model number D43-E2 only has input volume and power can't connect to internet bought it with out remote any suggestio
How do I scan channels with no remote & my vizio only has power-volume-input buttons.
Change input of Vizio to hdmi1
I have a Vizio TV without a remote and without a input button on the TV and I need to change TV over to HDMI
Vizio E series 4k input difference issue
Trying to hook up a Vizio tv with a new Sony Dvd Player. Connected it according to instructions, then go to Input on TV and sc
Vizio with no coaxial input
My LG TV has stopped recognizing any HDMI input
I have a new Vizio smart tv, with regular inputs, that I use for my dvd player. How can I connect my old VCR to HDMI inputs?

ASK THE COMMUNITY