how to record live video from camcorder to my laptop?

Aug 7, 2015
i have a Sony digital video camera recorder by Handycam dcr-dvd610 and I need to view live videos on my Toshiba laptop. how do I make this happen? thank you

Solution
I'm not sure it's possible but if it is you may need a video capture card with composite inputs (Yellow, White, Red) and use the A/V cable supplied with the camcorder. If your video editing software will recognize the camera you might be able to record to the hard drive that way. You can find video capture cards that connect to your laptop via a USB connection. One example would be the StarTech SVID2USB2 USB to S-Video and Composite Video Capture Cable with Audio. There are many, many others out there.
I'm not sure it's possible but if it is you may need a video capture card with composite inputs (Yellow, White, Red) and use the A/V cable supplied with the camcorder. If your video editing software will recognize the camera you might be able to record to the hard drive that way. You can find video capture cards that connect to your laptop via a USB connection. One example would be the StarTech SVID2USB2 USB to S-Video and Composite Video Capture Cable with Audio. There are many, many others out there.

Solution