how to recover toshiba will not boot into windows, zero does not work for reset

SSatori

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop C50D-A. When I turn it on it stops at the screen Toshiba Innovation.
Sometimes the screen goes blue and says a problem has been encountered and system needs to restart.
Sometimes there is a message that says starting repair. Holding 0 at startup does do anything. I cannot access setup , none of the F key do anything. Windows 8. any tips tricks and help is appreciated. Thank you.

Are you doing the holding down 0 with the system on wall power? Instructions say to plug it in, don't know if that affect if it works or not though.

Make sure you are holding it in for a bit, it may take several seconds after it turns on to start the process.

You may have a failing or failed hard drive, which would cause Windows to try to run a repair that fails and can cause issues with the built in recovery partition.

Go into the BIOS and see if there is a disk check option there. If not, you can try using a different hard drive with the system and install Windows on that using the disk. If you never made a recovery disk, you can get one from Toshiba for your model.

SSatori

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015

Esc or F2 will get you into the BIOS. There may not be a drive check utility there. If not, you can download and create a utility disk with a drive check utility, Hirens or Ultimate Boot CD would have them.