Solved! How to reinstall using toshiba recovery disc

feifles

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Hello,
I have a toshiba satellite u305-s5077 and i was trying to format it and reinstall the OS but i formatted and now cant find the option to reinstall the OS on the recovery disks

Solution
There are two types of "rescue type" restore procedures involving optical media:

1. Everything OS on optical media.....you boot machine up w/ disk in drive and it does it's thing. If you have changed boot order, then have to go back into BIOS and put optical drive 1st in boot priority.

2. Most everything is on a hidden HD partition....put in optical media and it pulls the stuff off the hidden location. In this case, ya don't wanna format the hidden partition.
There are two types of "rescue type" restore procedures involving optical media:

1. Everything OS on optical media.....you boot machine up w/ disk in drive and it does it's thing. If you have changed boot order, then have to go back into BIOS and put optical drive 1st in boot priority.

2. Most everything is on a hidden HD partition....put in optical media and it pulls the stuff off the hidden location. In this case, ya don't wanna format the hidden partition.

Solution