How to remove laptop screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
You don't need to remove the screen physically; just use the Function key to switch over to the external.

If you do want to remove it to replace it with a working variety, you need a 2.5mm Pozidrive screwdriver, a needle and a bank card.

The needle is to spear the little rubber bungs on the front of the bezel that surreounds the screen. Pull those out and you can see the screws they hid.

Remove those screws and use the bank card to very gently separate the bezel from the lid. Start on a top corner because it makes it easier. When you can see the edges of the screen, you have more screws to remove to free it from the side brackets.

Finally ease the screen out but not very far forward because you might strain the delicate...
You don't need to remove the screen physically; just use the Function key to switch over to the external.

If you do want to remove it to replace it with a working variety, you need a 2.5mm Pozidrive screwdriver, a needle and a bank card.

The needle is to spear the little rubber bungs on the front of the bezel that surreounds the screen. Pull those out and you can see the screws they hid.

Remove those screws and use the bank card to very gently separate the bezel from the lid. Start on a top corner because it makes it easier. When you can see the edges of the screen, you have more screws to remove to free it from the side brackets.

Finally ease the screen out but not very far forward because you might strain the delicate ribbon cable that's connected to the motherboard. Detach that from the screen by easing upwards the thin brass bar that clips it in.

You're finished now and replacement is pretty much self-explanatory.

Solution

dollarleader000

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

Okay thankss :) cant understand those words lol i need a vid somehow

Providing the exact model # of the HP laptop you have might help (surprise, surprise, not every HP laptop made in the last 25 years is identical in construction).

I've been swapping out screens for fifteen yeas and haven't come across many differences in that process.

It's irrelevant since the OP would seem to prefer a squeaky American voice backed up and drowned out by rock music, describing the same process. Sooner or later, he'll include his model details in a Googling for the right video.

dollarleader000

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

Can u link me a video of it please. I cant find any full removal videos about it. Only screen replacement videos....

It makes complete sense to remove the screen AND lid/bezel completely to use an external monitor if the display is on the fritz. Otherwise the lid is in the way of positioning the external monitor, as he probably wants the external monitor in the same general location as the internal display instead of parking it off to the side.

I agree and take it a stage further.

When screens are really dead and the rest of the machne has some life in them, I recommend my customers just change the power options settings, buy a keyboard and mouse, preferably wireless or Bluetooth, and just leave the laptop closed on the desk.

It amazes me when folks want to buy a new laptop when a screen goes down. They don't realise it still has processor power better than some new desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.