How to remove safesearch.ch search engine from chrome ? I tried everything !!!

dantedg

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Hi guys,

As you can guess, I can't remove this "malware",it's so annoying and I don't know how to remove it even if I tried during hours....

I read EVERYTHING about it on internet. it looks like deleting the registry.pol is the magic key but here's the thing... I'm TOTALLY unable to locate it.
I know that it should be in c/windows/System32/GroupPolicy (or GroupPolicyUsers) but those folders are totally empty. I can't not find *registry.pol* anywhere else.

Can someone would help me before I jump thru my window ?

Dantedg

Solution
for those impossible to uninstall chrome extensions, the solution is zemana anti-malware. it has a trial version.
after installation, go to the advanced settings, and choose "detect all browser settings"
then let it scan. it gets rid of everything, like magic.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
for those impossible to uninstall chrome extensions, the solution is zemana anti-malware. it has a trial version.
after installation, go to the advanced settings, and choose "detect all browser settings"
then let it scan. it gets rid of everything, like magic.

Solution

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014

I am glad it worked.
by the way, zemana real-time protection is a very good addition to your regular antivirus, although if you want to use the real-time protection, you will have to pay when the trial period is over.
If you do go that route, you might want to consider switching to the new zemana antilogger, which has even more protection. The people who bought antimalware are mad, because they could have bought antilogger, if they knew it was coming out.