How to restore a Toshiba back to factory settings

Katieleigh93

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hello, I need to restore my Toshiba Satellite L305D back to factory settings, except it doesn't ever take me to the log in screen, I turn it on and it wants me to type in my BIOS password (I accidentally set that while messing with the laptop because it wouldn't go to the login screen and can't figure out how to turn it off) then it just goes to a screen that gives me the options to "Launch start-up repair (recommended)" or "start windows normally" when I chose to launch start-up repair, it says "windows cannot repair this computer automatically" and it tells me to remove any devices I've recently attached, there's nothing plugged in and no Cd's in it. So I look at my other two options which are; "view diagnostic and repair details" or "view advanced options for system recovery and support" when I click the advanced options it says "select a keyboard layout" and i pick "US" then it says "To access recovery options, log on as a local user." and "To access the command prompt as well, log on using an administrator account" then "User Name:" and "Password:" for the user names I have the options of "ASPNET" or "sky" and I don't know the password for either because it was my little brother's laptop and when it started doing this he stopped using it which was a couple years ago. I'd be willing to take it apart if that would help fix it since it's not in commission anyways. Also if I choose to "start windows normally" it goes to a black screen with nothing on it for a while and then restarts itself and takes me right back to the Windows error recovery screen with the two options. I have no Cd's for it.

cl-jeffrey

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Have you tried restoring the laptop to factory settings.

Press and hold 0, then press the power button, etc. That should bring you to the Windows Boot Manager

If you are still having problems what windows version do you have? Do you have windows 7, xp, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit. Have you tried using a windows recovery disc?

Katieleigh93

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I actually got the BIOS password thing to go away and now it wants me to type in the Built-in HDD password, I know the password but when I try and hold "0" it just ends up typing into the password box since that's what pops up right after the Toshiba logo. I have Windows Vista. And I don't know if its a 32 or 64 bit. Where would I get a recovery disk?

Vms_sal

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

I'm having the same problem. When I try to restore to factory settings by holding down 0 the password box comes up and the comp beeps. Howevere it doesn't prompt to have the system reset. Any luck?

sambam13

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
I need help also. I was in the settings for my screen and I clicked on one on accident and my screen has been black since. I can't figure out how to get my screen back...

Krismcd

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
Why is this same problem happening with the Toshiba laptops? I called and they took me threw the 0 and power and so on. We used it for about a week before it took a dump. The funny thing is right before whatever happened we received a call from supposedly from Microsoft telling me I had to buy something else for my new laptop for it to work correctly. I didn't buy it. Just wondering if anyone else experienced something similar. Last question, Can one recovery disk be used with multiple laptops? If so, if anyone wants to sell me theirs? Thanks!