how to restore my hp g62 laptop like t was before i format it?

jimmy097

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I have an hp g62 laptop...i formatted it using a windows 7 cd...without using the cyberlink recovery manager...now all my drivers are gone and the cyberlink recovery manager is gone and the hp support assistant to...anyone can help me restore my laptop like it was before i format plz?

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
then the data is most likely gone. hard drives overwrite any data that was on previously. unless you are willing ti pay $1000-$10000 for professional data recovery, you're most likely sunk.

Momo Iko

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

:( i think you will lose all the files, when you formatted the hard drive it means all of your files are gone :(

The laptop should have had a recovery partition for you to do what you're asking how to do now. You use that to restore the system back to factory defaults. If you deleted that recovery partition when you formatted, then you won't be able to restore the laptop to factory settings unless you contact HP and purchase recovery DVDs.

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
that is not his problem. he reinstalled windows and now all his files/programs are gone. unless you can pay $1000-$10000 for data recovery, the files are gone.

I disagree. Sometimes when a drive is unresponsive the only way to kickstart it is to format then use software to see what can be recovered. If you think formatting is a secure method of data destruction, you will get some surprises when your old disk turns up in Africa or China with your bank details on it.

Recuva is a good and free utility from the CCleaner people - http://www.piriform.com. Don't put anything it recovers back on the same disk.

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
its not the formatting that erased his data. its the reinstalling windows that erased it. even if recuva could recover all his files, the drive index has been erased and they will not be the same as before he formatted it. they will all just be lumped into folders, not in the correct file structure. there is no way to recover it to the exact same way they were before he formatted it.

It's worked for me on several occasions when customers have wrecked their systems and it won't cost the OP anything to try it. If he's only after specific filename extensions, Restoration2514 might suit him better.

One of us is missing the point - possibly me :D Does he want his files back or his system? From what he says, his drivers would come in handy so if he can regain the driver folders it's a start. Alternatively, he can get fresh drivers from the Net using pcidatabase.com

What he asked for in Post #1 is impossible but also irrelevant. The Recovery Manager can no longer work and the HP Support stuff is a waste of space. His personal files from the Users folders are the best it;'s going to get and Recuva is worth a shot.

Lol @ the exchange.

The OP did not specify his personal data, he only pointed out drivers and bloatware that came with the system. File recovery software is hit or miss as it is, and it won't recover program installations.

I agree with Saga Lout; Recuva from Piriform is worth the attempt for data recovery, at least.