how to screenshot ? i got toshiba satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha1111

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014
I have bought Toshiba laptop (satellite) and I cant screenshot with it.
Please someone help me!!
Thanks in advance!

gotthelook

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014

If you use Paint, all your screenshots will turn out to be blurry and of very poor quality. I would rather recommend using special software like Gyazo or IceCream Screen Recorder. They both can not only save screenshots as files on your computer but upload images to their servers and give you a short link to the URL where your screenshot is located.

maxsensecs

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
Fn + Windows button + PRTSC works for me - straight to screenshots folder in My Pictures.
2QF7mT

stejes

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016

YES!!! Thank you!!! This is what I had on my previous laptop. Whats great about this is you can take shot after shot without the interruption of opening and saving and naming the file. At your convenience, go to the "screenshot" folder under pictures and edit, name and save as you wish. Thanks for your post!!!

help_is_everywhere

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
I have the same laptop and I found that if you hold the 'FN' button (located at the bottom left on your keyboard) and press the 'PRTSC' button (located at the top right of your keyboard), you can then just simply right click and past into any word document, e.g.word, power point.

Hi, what is the model number of your Toshiba, I have two Toshiba (L300D and M60) and they have both the Prt Scr on the "Syst" button in the upper right corner of the keyboard.

bdmine

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

I did a Google search and found it. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P875. I have to use the FN (function) key on the lower left of the keyboard in conjunction with the END key on the upper right of the keyboard. Then, the picture is automatically placed in a Screenshots folder. Difficult to remember since I don't do a lot of screen shots.

Freddowasher

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

I have had the same problem for 18 months! All the instructions tell you to press a series of buttons then it will be saved to Screenshots in the Pictures folder. Not true! There is no Pictures folder on the lap top in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Other option is to use the Snipping tool which is a pain in the bum!

What works on this one is pressing FN button bottom left hand corner & PRTSC then a message pops up telling me it has been saved to One Drive! After that I can paste into Word or whatever.

Is it the laptop or is it Windows that's the problem. Whatever the problem is, the truth is it's harder to take screenshots now than it used to be. I have similar problems with my phone & tablet.

Previous laptop with Vista you just pressed PRTSC & then pasted into any document. Simples!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.