How to set up a 2 amp system

davethewave

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
I have 2 QSC amps and would like to use both
to run a pair of speakers.There is also a DJ mixer in the equation.I could probably figure it out but want to be sure.

davethewave

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

RMX 850 has 200 watts per channel would like to increase wattage by bridging each amp

davethewave

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

Thanks,speakers are 8 ohm and should handle the extra power since they seem to "cruise" @ 200 rms. But I think
what's holding the system back (as far as power goes)is the mixer.It's an American DJ and I could tell the first time
I hooked it up there's quite A power loss.THAT's why I'm trying this. I'm looking for another mixer,and trying this in
the mean time.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

Distortion is what going to hold the system back, so make sure you minimize the amount of distorted signal. heat is the next enemy you're going to look at. Keep in mind that you select proper low filter or none for your speakers, wrong switch and you could damage your speakers too. Be sure to set the clip limit to prevent damaging your system.

May I suggest you try the 1st system as normal for one speaker and try the other speaker on bridge mode and hear you think which one produce the level of sound you want. From there on you can try adjusting the setting to your preference. So keep the amp cool.