How to set up an sd card as default location for installing apps and games etc on a Samsung galaxy y phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Android Gingerbread is quite old now so you may not be able to do that.

Either Samsung or your service provider may have blocked that facility. Not all Apps can work from an SdCard because they have to store files in the system storage.

It's better to make sure you don't have any personal files, music or photos in the system. Move those to the SdCard to free up system space.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Android Gingerbread is quite old now so you may not be able to do that.

Either Samsung or your service provider may have blocked that facility. Not all Apps can work from an SdCard because they have to store files in the system storage.

It's better to make sure you don't have any personal files, music or photos in the system. Move those to the SdCard to free up system space.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Start off in Apps>MyFiles>Music then tick to select a file or several. Tap the three bars in the top right of your screen and select Move. SD memory card is one of the options and when you select that you get the option to create a new folder.

Do that and give it an apropriate name then complete the move into that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Android Smartphones 6
H Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1