how to SLI an alienware (Dual GTX 780m)

shadowaries1

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hi i was wondoering if any1 knows how to SLI an alienware with 2 GTX 780Ms. I have both installed latest drives and i made sure the SLI ribbon was securely fit on. I believe i have to go in the bios and enable it and then do something in the control panel but i dont know how to. Every time i play games or try to see what GPU im using it tells me integrated intel graphics are being used and integrated Intel graphics areny good at all for gaming. Please help i really want to get the most out of the system looking forward to your replies.

The question is: Are you getting good performance in games? Dual GTX780m in SLI should give you great performance, assuming your CPU is up to par. Here's the thing. Windows will only show what graphics solution is being used for the active window. So if you're gaming and you open another windows to find out what graphics solution you're using, the gaming window becomes inactive and Windows automatically switches back to integrated graphics (as a power saving option) and thus reports, you're currently using integrated graphics.

If you're gaming without major issues, then I'd say you're just fine and shouldn't worry about it.

-Wolf sends

shadowaries1

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

no i know its the intel graphics that windows is using because 2 780s should be able to play games max but i can only manage low and it still lags every once in a while and when i go into the device manager it doesnt list 2 780s only 1 and the intel graphics so i looked up some tutorials which wernt much help and it said something about enabling hybrid and disabling something in the bios and then changing stuff around in the nvidia control panel so if anyone can answer this then theyll be a life saver