how to solve split display on acer 4736z

Solution
Try going into the control panel, display, adjust screen resolution -- from there adjust the screen resolution to 800x600 - does the screen split occur? Try raising the resolution up until you get back to the original resolution, or a usable resolution that doesnt have the screen splitting occur. Does this work?

Provide me the details about what you've tried doing so far to fix this. I need more information to help figure this out.

Also, try adjusting the screen at the hinge to different positions. Does the problem persist at each point? Does it ever go away depending on what position the laptop is in?

Another thing to try, go into the BIO's by selecting F2 when the computer first starts up. Does the screens how in three separate...

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Try going into the control panel, display, adjust screen resolution -- from there adjust the screen resolution to 800x600 - does the screen split occur? Try raising the resolution up until you get back to the original resolution, or a usable resolution that doesnt have the screen splitting occur. Does this work?

Provide me the details about what you've tried doing so far to fix this. I need more information to help figure this out.

Also, try adjusting the screen at the hinge to different positions. Does the problem persist at each point? Does it ever go away depending on what position the laptop is in?

Another thing to try, go into the BIO's by selecting F2 when the computer first starts up. Does the screens how in three separate sections? If it does, this is a hardware issue and something is physcially wrong with the hardware. Most likely a ribbon cable in my experience.

Solution